Author Stacey Rourke

Saturday, July 10, 2010

RANDOM THOUGHTS...

- I am now three books into the James Patterson series of Max Ride books. They are FANTASTIC!! Mr. Patterson has created a fun, family-friendly series that has kept me on the edge of my seat with his action-packed scenes and witty dialogue. I highly recommend them and I will admit that I look up to his writing style immensely!!

- Bravo to every single individual involved in the LeBron James spectacle in Miami. You all had a hand in redefining the phrase "shameless self-promotion." That was surreal in a ridiculous, down-right nauseating way. I don't care if all you did was park cars at that event I still judge you for the role you played.

- As I watch "Finding Nemo" with my kids it occurs to me that Dory is actually quite wise. To quote her directly, "When life gets you down ya know what ya gotta do? Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." That is very insightful for the memory deficient fish. Sometimes that really is all we can do; just keep swimming. And perhaps sing her little song too, if for no other reason than it would lighten the mood.

-The author that offered to read my book sent me an emailing saying he was going to take his time reading and "digesting it." Doing my best not to translate that to "chew it up and spit it out." And if he does in fact do that, know what I'll do? That's right! Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What will I do? I'll swim, swim, swim!

No comments:

Post a Comment